CT-2002 Sync Software
Part # CT-SYNC – includes RS-485 to RS-232 converter & software
To sync a Windows PC directly via RSserial RS-45 time code from a CT-2002 Clock
To sync a Radio Systems CT-2002 Clock from a Windows PC
Copy the PC-to-Clock or Clock-to-PC software to the PC desktop via download or the included disc and open it by clicking on the icon.
- Software Setting:
- Select communications.
- In the “Comport” tab choose which com port you want to use (usually com #1.)
- Select data rate 9600 baud.
- Select preferred Comport.
- Select baud rate of 9600.
- Save settings.
- Select “Status” tab and ensure the correct time is displayed.
- Minimize the program (do not close) which will stay resident in the task bar tray and maintain accurate PC time.
(For Clock-to-PC software do not check any options in the “Control” tab.)
Profilic 2303 USB converter driver installation for Windows 8/10 (Windows 7 will self install)
• Download and extract Profilic_Win8_x64_x86.zip
• Go to Device Manager and right click on the Prolific USB-to-Serial Comm Port with the exclamation mark and select Update
• Next, select browse my computer for driver software from the next window:
• Next, browse to the folder where you’ve unzipped the provided drivers, click on the Include Subfolders option and select let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer:
• Next, select the driver version 18.104.22.168 dated 24/09/2008 as shown below and click Next:
• Once complete, Windows will confirm the successful installation of the driver
Part # GPS-SYNC – includes GPS antenna, power cube & software
To sync a Windows PC directly from a GPS Antenna
Connect GPS antenna to interface box & plug in power cube. Locate antenna with an unobstructed sky view. Antenna may take up to 15 minutes to acquire satellite signal.
Connect RS-485 DB-9 Connector to your computer COM port. Select a COM port not being used by other components – preferably COM #1. A USB to serial converter may be utilized.
Copy the GPS-SYNC software to the PC desktop via download or the included disc and open it by clicking on the icon. After selecting the GPS time icon, the “GPS Clock Connection” box will appear.
Select configuration and open.
In the “Serial com port” box choose which com port you want to use (usually com #1.) Select data rate 9600 baud. If desired, select a unique “Update PC Time” choice and “Offset Time” choice. Close window and select start. Within a few seconds the time will appear in the software box and the PC time base will automatically be updated to GPS accurate time. Minimize the program (do not close) which will stay resident in the task bar tray and maintain accurate PC time.